Salvation Mountain



Hello


Long time no see. I have been so busy throughout the summer with a job and exams that I just didn't have the time nor strength to update my blog and instagram.


Now it's fall.


A lot of my important exams are coming up. I decided to take an impromptu trip to Salvation Mountain. 

 Yes. 

 It is bad timing but um yolo???




I went with my friend who was very kind to drive and take pictures of me under the sizzling sun. You the MVP.



The Location




 I was very interested in Salvation Mountain ever since it was shown in the movie Into the Wild. In the movie, I enjoyed how the creator Leonard Knight described his philosophy and the dedication that went into the place. Sadly Knight passed away in 2014. I wish I had the chance to meet him. Thankfully, there are organizations that are doing what they can do have it in good condition.  






 

I found it endearing how Leonard Knight created his own colorful world to show his belief and his love for God.  He was very dedicated and one of a kind. 



 "Everytime there's a crack. Guess what? I'll put a flower in it."

- Leonard Knight

Wish we can just fix all of our cracks with a flower.



 

It was such an amazing place because I never seen so many bright beautiful colors. It looked like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.  I was actually surprised that it wasn't as big as I thought it would be.


 

 
BLOG LINK IN DESCRIPTION

I normally don't wear a lot of color because I just don't feel comfortable. Salvation Mountain is a pretty colorful place so I didn't wanted to be a black hole. I wore my pink geometric romper that was just chillin in my closet. I think it sort of match the artwork of the place. Also I wore my black boots because I thought there would be a little bit of hiking.

ETC. 

Other places near Salvation Mountain.


 

 

 

 I would recommend this place for those who loves taking pictures or wants to go somewhere new. If you are going out of your way to just visit this place errrrr I would hope that you plan something extra to do in Palm Springs. 

  
THANK YOU for reading. Always

 







Post a Comment